UrbCulturalPlanning is opening a call for submissions of interest from graphic designers with an office in Riga, Latvia!
UCP is a three-year partner managed program with 14 main partners in the Baltic Sea Region, and operates within the EU Interreg Baltic Sea program 2018-21. The project is anchored in Riga, with the Danish Cultural Institute as the lead partner.
The overall aim of the project is to develop the strategic role of arts/ culture based initiatives which can stimulate social innovation in the context of urban transformation. The programs are both community based initiatives, seminars/ labs, conferences, development of toolkits/ know-hows which can support local and regional councils in developing integrated urban strategies where culture is a key factor.
At the core of the project are activities in 10 local communities in Riga, Gdansk, Vilnius, Visaginas, Kiel, Pori, Guldborgsund, and Kaliningrad. For more information on the project visit: www.urbcultural.eu
The project concludes this year, and the key element in this is to produce a package of documentation. It will be carried out from March to October 2021. The contract will be made on the basis of deliverables, for which frameworks have been created, but are open to re-design according to the designer’s ideas.
We estimate the portfolio of work will require 500-700 hours. The job is based on working with existing materials gathered in the process (photos, notes, interviews, articles) and also on materials to be compiled during this last phase. The package will be created in 8 languages both online and in printed formats.
Duties and responsibilities
- developing detailed design formats for a series of publications in booklet and map formats;
- designing graphics, maps and other illustrations, and data visualizations;
- inserting provided material in layouts;
- creation of an overall structure for the material, which will allow an interactive and flexible experience in exploring the materials;
- if conditions allow, material is intended to be presented in an pop-up exhibition format;
- close creative collaboration work with the UCP team;
Qualifications and skills
- Clear sense of overall graphic design and formats, routined in managing large amounts of data;
- Able to work within tight timelines;
- Proficient using Adobe Creative Suite;
- Experience working with prints;
- Proficiency in English and Latvian (written and spoken);
- It is an advantage to be able to relate to the content and potential user groups;
- It is an advantage if you are able to provide digitization tools of the material to portray online;
- We are open for offers from freelance graphic designers and studios.
If you are interested, please send:
a short letter of motivation together with a CV, including links to examples of recent and relevant work in pdf format to info[@]kit.dk.
Deadline for submission: 1 March 2021
For further information, contact: Līva Kreislere lkreislere[@]gmail.com, Trevor Davies td[@]kit.dk, Copenhagen International Theatre/ Metropolis; www.metropolis.dk